找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

塔州有澳大利亚最好的妈妈

Mao 2009-5-8 23:07:42 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
Mum2.jpg

TOP JOB ... Bernadette Black, 32, of Blackmans Bay, with her family, from left, Baeleigh Black, 7, husband Steven Black, Damien Oliver-Black, 15, and Flynn Black, 4.

Our Bernadette is top mum

MERYL NAIDOO
May 08, 2009 04:00am
AUSTRALIA'S top mum is from Tassie.

And, just as she was reduced to tears when she was named Tasmania's top mum, Bernadette Black wept last night in Sydney when she won the national title of Mother of the Year.

The mother of three shed tears of joy, saying she was overwhelmed, humbled and honoured by the win.

"I am a bit shocked and still can't believe it," she said.

She paid special tribute to her son, Damien Oliver-Black, 15, who nominated her for the 2009 Barnardos Australia's Mother of the Year.

Characteristically her first thoughts were of others.

At the gala dinner in Sydney, she congratulated the other seven finalists, making special mention of all their extraordinary stories.

At 16, Mrs Black gave up teenage freedom to become a mum.

Mrs Black, of Blackmans Bay, says she has the best job in the world.

Her devotion to her family and her tireless work with young mothers won her praise from the judges, who said her touching story was inspirational to all Australians.

When pregnant, she promised herself she would be the best mother possible, would finish her education and would help other people in her situation.

At 32, she has achieved those goals.

Now a registered nurse, she has become an advocate for teenage mothers.

In 2007 she wrote a book, Brave Little Bear, on the subject of teenage pregnancy.

She regularly speaks at schools and community events nationally providing advice and support on teenage and unexpected pregnancy.

"When I fell pregnant, I desperately searched for support and inspiration from others who had been in my situation but found none," she said.

"So I wrote the book to show others that, through perseverance and determination, you can overcome life's challenges and fulfil your dreams."

She has two other children -- Baeleigh, 7, and Flynn, 4.

"It's like she has a flame inside her that burns and burns to help people," Damien said.

"But she also always has time for her own kids and makes us all feel very special."

The award acknowledges the achievements of a special woman who shows all the best qualities of Australian mothers.

Parliamentary Secretary for Early Childhood Education and Child Care Maxine McKew presented the award on behalf of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd.

She described Mrs Black's story as a true example of inspiring Australian motherhood.

Mrs Black won a Ford Fiesta five-door CL Hatch, a three-night Murray River Wetlands Discovery Cruise, flowers and a chocolate hamper.

http://www.themercury.com.au/art ... _tasmania-news.html

大神点评(4)

TonyBB 2009-5-9 00:11:57 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
今天早晨today看到了.两个小宝宝好可爱.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

zyxm 2009-5-9 00:33:47 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国浙江杭州
好厉害, 32岁的妈妈, 大儿子都15了,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

SILENCE 2009-5-10 00:26:12 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
life is simple, living is so freaking hard...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

荷包蛋 2009-5-11 03:38:05 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
还有这样的奖项啊~~~~:o
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies |上传

商业推广

战略合作