找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

塔州高速公路可能将减速到100KM/H

Mao 2009-4-22 19:14:18 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
Speed limit slash plan

LINDA SMITH

April 21, 2009 08:36am

SPEED limits on highways and rural roads could be lowered as part of a State Government plan to reduce the road toll.

Infrastructure Minister Graeme Sturges said yesterday the Government was considering reducing highway speed limits from 110km/h to 100km/h.
There were also plans to cut the 100km/h speed limit on rural roads to 90km/h and reduce the maximum speed on gravel roads from 100km/h to 80km/h.

Twenty-seven people have died on Tasmanian roads so far this year -- well above the 16 people killed at the same time last year -- and Mr Sturges said dropping the speed limits might reduce the carnage.

Road safety advocates agreed the measure was worth considering.

Mr Sturges said the idea had been under consideration for some time, and the Government had a duty to consider every option.

"I know there are many people in the community extremely concerned about the continuing fatalities on our roads, and if reduced maximum speeds can help lower this toll then I think it is worth considering," Mr Sturges said. He said current speed trials in the Tasman and Kingborough municipalities, where rural roads now had a 90km/h limit and gravel roads an 80km/h limit, were working well.

"All the evidence at the moment that we're provided with shows very clearly that the lower the speed, the lesser the impact when you're involved in a crash," Mr Sturges said.

RACT public policy general manager Vince Taskunas said drivers would always make mistakes but changing speed limits could reduce the number of fatal mistakes.

"We need to work on the assumption that people make mistakes and look at what we can do to lessen the impact," Mr Taskunas said.

But he said the State Government should conduct a full audit of the safety of the state's roads -- including overtaking lanes, road signs and sealed shoulders -- to create a "much better picture of how safe road infrastructure is".

Road Safety Taskforce chairman Paul Hogan said it seemed low-level speeding was acceptable to some motorists, so when the speed limit was 110km/h many drivers drove at speeds of up 120km/h.

Mr Hogan said he hoped lowering the limit to 100km/h meant these drivers would be travelling at no more than 110km/h.

http://www.themercury.com.au/art ... _tasmania-news.html

大神点评(4)

浪沧孤客 2009-4-22 20:02:46 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
80以上对我来说意义都不大,我也就开个80
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

nathanxu 2009-4-22 20:08:53 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
I disagree, I think we should have 110 on those roads.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

b04062017 2009-4-22 23:32:17 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
这次开到H,最高开到160了。。。一般都在120左右啊。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

荷包蛋 2009-4-23 02:09:23 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
有减没减都一样~

一向开快的,还是会开快的~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么