回复 · 2010-3-17 16:41:00
bulekuler 来自: 澳大利亚

举报

塔大毕业后进四大的中国留学生 貌似没几个
回复 · 2010-3-17 17:11:12
vickyinsydney 来自: 澳大利亚

举报

LZ 啊,
My apologies if I sounded a bit bitter and bitchy just now. Well, I just had a fight with my team member and with some recent troubles with my baby car. Long story short, I was upset.
now I am home.
not only to you, maybe to anyone who intends to give the BIG 4 a shot, I may have some tips, as in what kind of people/ graduates they are looking for in particular, so as the HRs there told me, other than 'relevant work experience'
1> good communication skills in LOCAL language, which shows in a well written resume and more importantly a cover letter, (LZ, you will get familar with these once you start applying jobs here)
回复 · 2010-3-17 17:45:50

举报

回复 13# vickyinsydney

to continue
2> initiative and team player, this kind of quality is usually quite vague. so the HR usually tries to locate them in the extra cirricular activities. not just part-time job, but sports club, volunteer work, student association.
3> academics, honestly, BIG 4 don't care about it that much, an average credit will get you pass, of coz, you shall not have any failed subjects
4> any extra certificate, such as CPA (some students work very hard during uni to pass all the academic exams of CPA), unfortunately, to BIG 4, that doesn't impress them that much. so, if you have that plan, take it easy. You can wait till you get into a firm, then start your CA or CPA.
5> the others will be quite regular stuff, such as prepare for your interview, speaking fluent and proper english. say, not spitting out 'mate, dude, guy' kind of words every single sentense.

so far, that's what i can think of.
all the best for the accounting students and graduates out there.
回复 · 2010-3-17 18:21:36

举报

回复 14# vickyinsydney

to add one more point, to land an accounting job locally, you may want to consider the option between BIG 4 and 2nd or even 3rd tier firms.
BIG 4 almost offer the lowest salary package amongst the same industry for the graduate, as they know how hard you want to be with them.
2nd tier has reasonably big clients, potential for further developments and a better starter package. and relatively less competition to get in. the disadvantage is 2nd tier don't usually have an annual recruitment plan for the new graduates, or at least a good proportion of them. but if you keep an close eye on them, you will get a chance.
most importantly, if you look down the road, once you get out of the BIG 4 and move onto commercial or banking, the premium in salary you will get  not that significant compared to someone coming out a 2nd tier firm at the same level. and there's not that much difference in CA & CPA.

all the best to LZ!
回复 · 2010-3-17 18:28:27
Nelson 来自: 澳大利亚

举报

回复 15# vickyinsydney

::zt67:: ::zt67::
真厉害~~
回复 · 2010-3-17 20:04:25
vicianpark 来自: 澳大利亚

举报

本帖最后由 vicianpark 于 2010-3-17 23:06 编辑

回楼主,应该说澳洲毕业后进4大的中国留学生很少。。。但是不是没有。。。雅思是写作7.5,阅读7.5,口语8,听力8.。。申请之前必须拥有这个雅思成绩,相信有心人一定可以达到。。。个人觉得进4大最重要的不是雅思和平时成绩(首先雅思只是要求之一,不是要你的条件),最重要的是interview的技巧和交流能力,以上回复的很多人都分析的很好了。。。进4大主要是在于3年出来后的前途好。。。也的确不用PR就可以。。个人还认为跟学校名气没有太大关系,很多anu毕业的同学到现在还是没有工作。。。只要有较好的成绩,达到雅思最低的8分要求。。加上良好的面试技巧。。就还是有可能的。。但是向vickyinsdyney说的一样。。。很多中小的会计行其实很不错,而且进去的机会大。。希望对楼主有帮助。。加油

补充: KPMG的实习国际学生不可以申请,其他3大可以
回复 · 2010-3-17 21:53:17