找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

霍巴特男受伤后求救没人回应引起担忧

Mao 2012-4-1 11:32:22 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚

MCPHEE1_STORY__DD188151_239331.JPG

Pete Mcphee 满身是血的在Hobart街上求助,却没人回应!上班族直接走过,等红绿灯的车辆没人看一样!邻居只是看着没反应却没有帮忙叫救护车!只有一位16岁下学路过的女孩过来帮助。

PETE McPhee was covered in blood on a busy Hobart street, but his shouts for help went unanswered.

Office workers walked straight past, drivers who were stopped in traffic looked away and a neighbour simply stared as the 33-year-old nursing student pleaded for someone to call an ambulance.

Mr McPhee says he is shocked that a 16-year-old schoolgirl was the only one who stopped to help, after he fell through a window.

But St John Ambulance Tasmania chief executive Roxy Cowie said there was a growing reluctance to offer first aid.

She said a fear of being sued or a lack of confidence were the top reasons that made people cautious.

Mr McPhee was moving house when he tripped while carrying a box down a communal staircase in his Battery Point apartment complex.

His arm went through a window at the bottom of the stairs.

"I lost my footing on the last couple of steps, fell forward and my elbow smashed through the glass and then my arm got stuck on the leftover shards in the window," he said.

"I was calling for help but no one heard me, so I pulled my arm off the glass and noticed there was a lot of blood, it was all over my chest and I was holding the muscles poking out of the bottom of my arm.

"I walked out of the carpark and was calling out for help when I saw my neighbour, on the floor above me. She was staring down at me but didn't respond when I asked her to call an ambulance.

"So I walked up on to the street, on to St George's Terrace near the lights at Sandy Bay Rd. There were people walking home from work and they just walked straight past.

"There were cars lined up at the traffic lights and no one stopped to help."

It was a schoolgirl named Jess, who was walking home with a friend, who eventually came to his rescue.

She found a towel in Mr McPhee's apartment and wrapped it around his arm, while her friend tried to find a phone to call for help.

"She sat with me, spoke to me and was trying to calm me down while I went into shock," Mr McPhee said.

It took 25 minutes for the ambulance to arrive with just one paramedic, who asked Jess to help wrap Mr McPhee's arm in bandages.

He was taken to hospital where it was discovered he had completely severed his tricep and 60 per cent of his bicep.

He needed surgery to reattach the muscles.

Mr McPhee spent four days in hospital and it was five weeks before his arm had healed enough to return to his part-time hospitality job.

Mr McPhee has been trying to track down the schoolgirl to thank her for stopping to help.

"It could have been a lot worse if it hadn't been for her. I was extremely lucky," he said.

Ms Cowie said people's reluctance was concerning.

"No lay first-aider has ever been successfully sued in Australia for trying to help someone," she said.

说点什么

B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies |上传

商业推广

战略合作