ceciliachiu 发表于 2012-6-13 12:45:03

Every day is a struggle

Week 8, 1 – 7 December 2011

Every day is a struggle. Regardless how well I felt the night before, when I woke up in the morning, the muscles seized up 僵化.There was another day of work to make them flexible again.

This week was a fairly cool week.Minimum temperature recorded in Launceston on 5 December was 3°C (bearing in mind that it was summer in Australia). I constantly felt cold these days and was wearing my husband ’s winter clothes.Nevertheless, the cool weather was not too bad, given that I could have a shower only once a week.

Since I returned home, my husband was responsible for cooking dinner.He named all his dishes “chicken surprise”.There may not be chicken in the food but there were certainly surprises or no surprises (as one can easily imagine how good it tastes).Other than bake beans on toast, all dishes he makes taste more or less the same, regardless of the ingredient mix.   

My crave 渴求 for good food resurrected 復蘇 and so I decided to cook myself. I prepared steamed rice, braised Chinese cabbage and fried chicken wings.With only one functional hand, I did all the washing and chopping without any help from my husband.It was tough work but worthwhile as food was much better.However, preparing dinner was so demanding that I could only do it once a week.

My husband had been looking for a replacement car.After some research, he still thought a Mitsubishi Delica (the same make and model I wrecked) best meets our needs and it is proven to be safe in roll over – at least his wife survived.   Worried that I might have psychological barriers, he asked if I would mind travelling and driving in the same car again. Certainly not.

He found a Delica on sale in Hobart and on 6 December we made a trip to inspect the car.We concluded almost instantly to buy the car and the car owner happens to be the step son of a Chinese lady in Launceston, whom I know. It is part of the beauty living in a place of a small population; almost everybody knows everybody.

vickyinsydney 发表于 2012-6-13 13:49:10

本帖最后由 vickyinsydney 于 2012-6-13 13:51 编辑

Have been following your posts for the last week and been wondering too what happened.
Sorry about your accident. and glad to know that you make it through.
It must have been a tough summer for you. Between the lines, I can feel your cheering spirit.
Guess, by now, my best wish to your recovery is way overdue. Yet, Here it is.
{:soso_e163:}{:soso_e163:}{:soso_e163:}{:soso_e163:}{:soso_e163:}{:soso_e163:}
Recover soon, hope to see pics and posts of your new trips.

ceciliachiu 发表于 2012-6-13 14:58:27

vickyinsydney 发表于 2012-6-13 13:49 static/image/common/back.gif
Have been following your posts for the last week and been wondering too what happened.
Sorry about...

Thanks for the kind wish which is not overdue as I am still on my way to recovery.The car accident happened in Oct last year. It's been eight months now and there are still tos and fros. Many doctors and health professionals told me that I will not go back to normal, which is discouraging. Nevertheless, I am still hoping for a close to full, if not full, recovery. This may take a while but if I do not try, I will never know if this can be accomplished.

vickyinsydney 发表于 2012-6-13 15:10:02

ceciliachiu 发表于 2012-6-13 14:58 static/image/common/back.gif
Thanks for the kind wish which is not overdue as I am still on my way to recovery.The car accide ...

Well said.
A big round of applause for a strong-willed woman!
::zt51::
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Every day is a struggle