Dog tired in this heat

ForrestOceann 发表于 2013-1-7 23:06:23

oh.. he is cute =)
Hello, Dudley~~~

ceciliachiu 发表于 2013-1-8 08:48:10

ForrestOceann 发表于 2013-1-7 23:06 static/image/common/back.gif
oh.. he is cute =)
Hello, Dudley~~~

This was taken on the day after New Year Day at Rocklands Reservoir in Victoria. That day was not too bad, around 30C but we had had a long day exploring the volcanic areas and crater lakes. He does not like the camera getting so close to his snout but he was so tired that he could not care less.

ForrestOceann 发表于 2013-1-9 04:05:04

ceciliachiu 发表于 2013-1-8 08:48 static/image/common/back.gif
This was taken on the day after New Year Day at Rocklands Reservoir in Victoria. That day was not...

Wow, your took them along on vacation too? =)

ceciliachiu 发表于 2013-1-9 09:15:05

ForrestOceann 发表于 2013-1-9 04:05 static/image/common/back.gif
Wow, your took them along on vacation too? =)

Yes, they are very well travelled. Other than national parks (where dogs are not permitted), they have been to places all around Tasmania and Victoria. Every Christmas, we will take the ferry to Melbourne to see my husband's family and tour around. They have even visited South Australia and New South Wales.

They are over the moon when they see the car approaching the Spirit of Tasmania (the ferry between Devonport and Melbourne) but dread having to spend long hours in the kennels on board.

ForrestOceann 发表于 2013-1-10 05:39:47

LOL.. They are two abundantly blessed dogs to have met you, I dare say!
Would you say traveling with pets (not one but two!) is easy?
I think most people would be fascinated by the idea, unless they are toy breed dogs which are easier to bring around..

=) I can't imagine if Forrest were to sit in the kennels. We might spend hours to get him in.. He is definitely in need of dog training.

ceciliachiu 发表于 2013-1-11 00:16:11

本帖最后由 ceciliachiu 于 2013-1-11 00:19 编辑

ForrestOceann 发表于 2013-1-10 05:39 static/image/common/back.gif
LOL.. They are two abundantly blessed dogs to have met you, I dare say!
Would you say traveling with ...
That we bring our dogs with us started from having a very nasty neighbour who complained about our first dog Millie barking all the time. The fact is Millie is not a barking dog. This guy has PTSD. He would complain to the city council that our dog was barking the whole day, even though none of us (including the dog) was at home. He harassed the council general manager and the GM in turn harassed us, such as calling us 3 times a day to discuss our dog. I eventually demanded the GM to communicate with us in writing and at one time we developed into "penpals". In his letters, he had lots of unreasonable demands and at one point, he even said he had the ultimate power (which is BS) in dealing with our dog, such as telling us to have her put down or sent away. I eventually challenged his legal authority. At that point, he backed away.

This is one of the incidents that make me feel I am living in a third world country where people in power often choose to ignore laws and order and the respect for others, and think they can get away easily.

Back to travelling with dogs, yes it is not easy in the beginning. After a while, they learn and will behave. These days our challenge is to take the dogs with us canoeing. We went canoeing on Tuesday. Millie got too excited (she weighs about 25kg) and the canoe capsized and we were all drenched. Poor Dudley was thus very stressed as he hates water. When he fell into the water, he was trying very hard to cling onto me even though he was wearing a life jacket.I ended up having multiple scratches. They will learn and it will only get better (hopefully).

ForrestOceann 发表于 2013-1-15 08:45:32

Although your neighbour had created such a big fuss, I'm sure it must be hard to endure, but I'm glad it ended up positively, as Millie and Dudley got to travel.. =)

Wow, I salute you for taking them canoeing!!! That must be a challenge.. anyway, i thought dogs swim? hahah... poor Dudley.. Maybe he'll love swimming one day, if he is consistently took to the water!

ceciliachiu 发表于 2013-1-15 12:50:14

ForrestOceann 发表于 2013-1-15 08:45 static/image/common/back.gif
Although your neighbour had created such a big fuss, I'm sure it must be hard to endure, but I'm gla ...

We had a dilemma training Dudley to swim. As he likes to run away, we would not want to risk losing him letting him swim freely in water. And, we could be a contributor to his water phobia.When we had him for a few days, we took him canoeing. He was 6 months old then and we had no idea if he had ever swum. We tied him to the canoe and then off we went. He was curious and climbed to the edge and fell into water. We managed to put him back on board and he was very shaken.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Dog tired in this heat